2015年8月5日星期三

See What It's Like to Shop for a Wedding Dress When You're 6'7"

Wedding bells are ringing on TLC's My Giant Life, a five-part reality show that explores the lives of four unusually tall women.

In an exclusive sneak peak of Tuesday's episode, Haleigh shops for wedding dresses that will flatter her 6'7" frame.

The hunt for a gown at first seems daunting for Haleigh, who brings her mother Thea (6'2") and sister Tavia (6') with her to the bridal shop.

Taffeta Strapless Beading Empire Chapel Train Plus Size Bridal Dress
cheap plus size wedding dresses
"It was a little frustrating trying on different dresses and knowing they don't fit me like they fit other girls," Haleigh says. She adds that she must "try [not] to play the comparison game in my head of like, 'Well, man, nothing's going to fit me the way that it fits the model in the book.' "
All it takes is the perfect frock to calm Haleigh's self-doubt. As the store attendant – standing on a chair to reach Haleigh's head – places a veil in her hair to complete the bridal picture, Haleigh begins to tear up with emotion.
Beading Pick Up Skirt Sweetheart Ball Gown Organza Wedding Dress
Princess wedding dresses
"Being 6'7", I definitely have struggled with my fair share of insecurities, and I've always struggled to feel confident and feel beautiful," Haleigh admits, "but this dress that I'm going to wear on my wedding day makes me feel awesome. I put it on, and I feel awesome."

Her fiancé Brian, who proposed to her on the beach, stands nearly a foot shorter than his future wife at 5'8", but he insists that their height difference does not concern him. "You never know where you're going to find love," Brian says in the proposal episode. "I just happened to find love in a woman that's 6'7"."

More about dresses from http://straightrazors.net/weddingbuy/sample-page/satin-bridesmaid-dresses-how-to-cleanse-those-dresses/

没有评论:

发表评论